Ben and I left our little babe for the first time. It was especially hard because she had pink eye. Thanks SO much Greg and Heather for watching her anyway. We dropped Eliza off and headed to the airport. We flew to LA and went and got our rental car. When we got there the lady said ok you can go pick out any convertible you want on aisle 2. I was so excited that we got to choose! We went outside and asked where aisle 2 was. Come to find out, we got the only convertible that had at the time. It was so much fun though. Besides jeeps, I had never been in a convertible.
We drove to our hotel and dropped off our things. It was a beautiful hotel. And there were a lot of "beautiful" women there too. I kept looking at all of these women thinking that I am definitely not a California girl and wondering if all California women are that blond and perky!
As we were leaving our hotel to go to dinner and Beauty and the Beast there were some people that I thought were cleaning the windows. Ben said look closer on our way out and take a picture. Come to find out there was a "golf" tournament at our hotel. The sign sure explained the women.
We got in the car and drove to dinner. It was fun being on the famous Santa Monica Boulevard. But, it was so busy. Stop and go traffic is not for us.
We drove right by the LA Temple. I love seeing temples in the midst of craziness.
We asked our concierge at the hotel a fun place to eat near the theater. We recommended Eva Longoria's restaurant Beso. The ambiance was amazing. The food was interesting and good. It was just fun being there. And, we were the first people in the restaurant so it wasn't too crazy. I guess LA night life doesn't start at 6 pm.
After dinner we walked down Hollywood Boulevard and got to see the Hollywood sign and some of the famous Hollywood stars.
The theater was just down the street from Beso. We saw Beauty and the Beast. I loved it and I think Ben didn't mind it either. It helped that we were so close to the front. I love being able to see the costumes so close. I love Beauty and the Beast and loved seeing the Broadway again.
After the play we drove back to the hotel and got a good nights rest for our next fun day!




1 comment:
so jealous my friend:) But so fun. I hope you had a good birthday last month... I've sort of been centered on my own little life these days. Eliza is so cute...growing up way to fast!! We might come to Utah this summer... it would be fun to meet up! I'll let you know.
Post a Comment